Before we jump to the bottom line, let’s have a detailed overview of Himalayan salt and pink Himalayan salt bath. Himalayan salt is a type of rock salt of the Himalaya mountains, primarily mined in Khewra salt mine in the Punjab province of Pakistan. The discovery of the Himalayan salt deposits to the army of Alexander the Great, but the first record of mining is from Janjua people in the 1200s. Himalayan salt has a variety of colors such as pink, white, orange determined by its minerals, Pink salt replaces refined table salt and is primarily used as a food additive, also used for cooking and food presentation, spa treatments, decorative lamps, and pink Himalayan salt bath.
Himalayan salt is minimally processed and gets its characteristics from a wide range of trace minerals. What’s more, it is free of pollutants, the salt beds were covered by snow, and ice for millions of years.
Table of Contents
Himalayan salt benefits
The benefits of Himalayan salt go beyond a pretty aesthetic: whether to consume it or apply it on the skin. There are different health benefits claimed by advocates and marketers, who sometimes say that Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals, which makes it healthier than regular table salt. But in fact, it is similar to regular table salt. Both contain approximately 98 percent sodium chloride, but Himalayan salt’s remaining two percent has many minerals including calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium which are good for health benefits.
Depending on that how it is used, Himalayan salt is helpful in every form, but one of the most common benefits of Himalayan salt is pink salt bath.
Himalayan pink salt bath benefits.
The quick answer is, Himalayan pink salt bath has a wide range of health benefits claimed by different marketers and advocates, but there is no scientific evidence that proves that Himalayan pink salt bath is more helpful than other types of mineral baths, any kind of bath can be relaxing, especially bathing in warm water for 10 minutes can help in stress, pain, and fatigue. for hundreds of years, the salt bath is highly recognized as a medicinal therapy.
Himalayan pink salt bath is beneficial in the following ways.
- Detoxifying: An estimated research shows that we come into contact with anywhere between 0.7 to 2.1 million different toxic chemicals a day.
A normal person is being exposed to the cancerous level of toxins like, dioxin, arsenic, and DDE. According to National Library of Medicines, cancer benchmark levels were exceeded by all children.
We pull some of these toxins out by Himalayan pink salt bath through reverse osmosis process.
- Relaxes and Calms: warm baths help melt away daily worries and pressures, in fact, mineral bath is the key type of therapy, known as balneotherapy. And Himalayan pink salt is full of minerals and good for a warm bath.
- Healthy Skin: Salt is full of antibacterial and antiseptic properties of useful therapy for those with acne, eczema, and psoriasis. The mineral properties of Himalayan pink salt bath provide protective barriers of skin and maintain it hydrated.
- Soothe insect bites: As mentioned above Himalayan salt is full of antibacterial and antiseptic characteristics, of course, the Himalayan salt bath will soothe painful and itchy insect bites.
- Get mineralized: Soaking in a compound of salt and water help to diffuse the skin and body with minerals. Himalayan salt has calcium, iron, magnesium, and other useful minerals that the best things to soak in.
However, Himalayan salt bath appears to be safe, but if your skin is allergic and becomes irritated or very itchy, rinse off the bathwater and ask your doctor before taking salt bath again.
How to take Himalayan pink salt bath?
Himalayan pink salt bath may not be a cure but relaxing.
Here’s how to take pink salt bath right!
- Take a shower to cleanse oil and cosmetics products from your body.
- Add water to the tub, but remember just warm water not hot.
- Now mix Himalayan pink salt to the bathwater following package instruction and let it dissolve.
- You may add essential oils to bathwater but wait, let me explain that never add essential oils directly into the water. Add 2 or 3 drops of essential oils to a carrier oil like almond oil, then add the mixture to bathwater.
- Bath for almost a half-hour, rinse off, and try.
Himalayan pink salt is not scientifically proven for any cure, but we discuss its benefits by the minerals it contains. While it has some beneficial minerals but it may place extra pressure on the circulatory system, especially those who suffer weak or poor heart circulation, they should ask their doctor first.